The chapter The Proposal are written by Anton Chekhov. In this blog, we have discussed all the possible questions of The Proposal. The Proposal question answers will help you in the preparation for your exam.
The Proposal MCQ
1. What kind of writing is A proposal by Anton Chekhov?
- Short story
2. When was the comedy written?
3. When was ‘A proposal’ first time performed?
4. Anton Chekhov was a …………….. writer?
5. Anton Chekhov wrote what kind of writings?
- C & d
- Short story
Ans:- C & d
6. Anton Chekhov was born in
7. When did Anton Chekhov die?
8. Which time period does the ‘A proposal’ takes in?
- 17th century
- 19th century
- 18th century
- Mid-18th century
Ans:- 18th century
9. What is another name for ‘A proposal’?
- A Marriage Proposal
- A happy Proposal
- A lovely Proposal
- A Happy-ending Proposal
Ans:- A Marriage Proposal
10. What kind of play is ‘A proposal’?
- Love play
- Truthful play
- Comedy play
- Emotional play
Ans:- Truthful play
11. What is the theme of ‘A proposal’?
- a chilly approach to marriage
- a beautiful approach to marriage
- a bad approach of marriage
- a happy approach of marriage
Ans:- a chilly approach to marriage
12. How old was Natalya?
13. What is the meaning of the word impudent from the story?
14. What is the meaning of the word implore from the story?
15. How many total acts are there in the play?
The Proposal Short Question Answers
16. “I have been hoping for it for a long time.” – Who is speaking?
Ans:- Chubukov is the speaker in Anton Chekhov’s play “The Proposal”.
17. Why are you formal in your get up?” – Who is the speaker?
Ans:- In Anton Chekhov’s ‘The Proposal’, Chubukov, a landowner is a speaker.
18. “I have been hoping for it for a long time.” What does ‘it’ refer to?
Ans:- It relates to Lomov’s marriage proposal to Chubukov’s daughter Natalya Stepanovna.
19. “And it’s impossible for me not to marry.” Who would the speaker like to wed?
Ans:- The daughter of Chubukov, Natalya Stepanovna, was the woman Lomov desired to wed.
20. “We have had the land for nearly three hundred years.” What is ‘the land’ referred to?
Ans:- The land referred to as ‘Oxen Meadows’ in the play.
The Proposal Long Question Answers
21. Create a quick character sketch for Chubukov.
Ans:- One of the three characters we meet in Anton Chekhov’s drama “The Proposal” is Stepan Stepanovitch Chubukov.
Chubukov has a fascinating part to perform in the play. He is the loving father of a qualified young lady. He is overjoyed when Ivan Vassilevitch Lomov approaches him with a proposal to wed his daughter. He calls him “my darling,” “my treasure,” “my lovely,” and other endearing terms.
22. Make a note of Chubukov’s patriarchal attitude.
Ans:- The equation between the three characters Lomov, Natalya, and Chubukov in “The Proposal” is intriguing.
Chubukov exhibits some normal behavior that any father in his position, in any part of the world, may be expected to exhibit as the father of a suitable daughter. His daughter’s marriage troubles him. He is also protective of his daughter in the same breath. He is always so cautious and possessive of his daughter that when Lomov and Natalya get into a fight, he not only protects his daughter but also fights him.
23. Justify the play’s title, “The Proposal,” in one act.
Ans:- Anton Chekhov wrote “The Proposal,” a one-act drama. Three characters—the landlord Chubukov, his daughter Natalya, and Chubukov’s neighbour Lomov—are at the centre of the drama.
A strong play’s title may immediately allude to the play’s primary plot points or the play’s conclusion.
The title might be straightforward and descriptive. The title might be meaningful and evocative.
24. Why did Lomov value marriage?
Ans:- Lomov married for a number of reasons. A maid was what he desired. He was already 35, as he acknowledged. That was a crucial time, in his opinion. He wished to live a tranquil, routine existence. He disclosed a variety of physical limitations or discomforts he had previously experienced. He frequently became agitated, experienced palpitations, and when sleeping, his left side would pull. He thought getting married was a simple solution to all his issues.
25. Make a comment on the socioeconomic situation described in “The Proposal’.
Ans:- Anton Chekov penned “The Proposal” in 1890. Chekhov portrayed the shortcomings of the feudalistic society that prevailed in Russia prior to the November Revolution in 1917 throughout his entire life.
Lomov arrives at Chubukov’s home in the opening scene of “The Proposal” with a marriage proposal for his daughter. In the play, Lomov’s marriage proposal serves as the primary plot point. The incident reveals a culture in which an elderly father of a suitable lady feels powerless and desires to marry off his daughter as quickly and forcefully as feasible.
Conclusion: The Proposal Question Answer
In this blog, we shared The Proposal question answers with you. we have tried to cover all the questions and answers. You should revise these questions before the exam. Hope you like this The Proposal question answers. So if you like our blog The proposal question answers then comment your thoughts and if you get any help from this blog then share this The Proposal question answers with your friends.
Tagged with: Anton Chekhov | class 12 english The Proposal question answer | CLASS 12TH | short questions from The Proposal | The Proposal class 12 | The Proposal long question answer 2022 | The Proposal question answer | The Proposal question answer mcq | The Proposal questions and answers | The Proposal short Question Answer | The Proposal short question answer mcq