Here we have provided The Making of a Scientist Question Answer. The Making of a Scientist Question Answer will help you understand the chapter better and will be helpful in your exam preparation.
The Making of a Scientist Question Answer । NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 6
Read and find out
1. How did a book become a turning point in Richard Ebright’s life?
Ans:- The book, the travel monarch x, was the book that told about monarch butterflies migrating to Central America, leading Little Ebright towards the world of science.
2. How did hos mother help him?
Ans:- His mother was his biggest supporter, even when Ebright didn’t have anything to do she would give Ebright something to learn or read and he loved and enjoyed it. The same was with the book she gave him, the travel of Monarch X, which lead him towards his biggest discovery i.e. cell.
Read and find out
1. What lesson does Ebright learn when he does not win anything at a science fair?
Ans:- He learned to show real experiments to win in these competitions and that winning first prize was not what was important but what matters is not going home empty-handed.
2. What experiments and projects does he then undertake?
Ans:- He decided to work on insects and asked Dr. Urquhart for suggestions for experiments. Then he experimented on the viral disease that kills nearly all monarch caterpillars every few years.
3. What are the qualities that go into the making of a scientist?
Ans:- Eagerness to learn, taking that one extra step to satiate their curiosity, and having that thirst to be the best are the qualities that go into the making of a scientist.
Think about it
1. How can one become a scientist, an economist, a historian…. ? Does it simply involve reading many books on the subject? Does it involve observing, thinking and doing experiments?
Ans:- It requires everything whether it be observing, thinking, or doing experiments to become a scientist, an economist, a historian, or any other research professional.
2. You must have read about cells and DNA in your science books. Discuss Richard Ebright’s work in the light of what you have studied. If you get an opportunity to work like Richard Ebright on projects and experiments, which field would you like to work on and why?
Ans:- Cells in the life force of any living organism and the basis for hereditary characteristics recognition this is what is common knowledge that we have learned from school and it matches the findings and theories of Richard Ebright. I liked the work of tagging the butterflies and nourishing them while waiting for them to be recaptured as even though it would be a test of patience, I would be delighted with even one being recaptured as it takes time to nourish a butterfly and it would be fun as well.
Talk about it
1. Children everywhere wonder about the world around them. The questions they ask are the beginning of scientific inquiry. Given below are some questions that children in India have asked Professor Yash Pal and Dr Rahul Pal as reported in their book.
(i) What is DNA fingerprinting? What are its uses?
Ans:- It is a process of recognizing the person whose fingerprint was on the object through their DNA sample present. When an object is disappeared or misplaced, DNA fingerprinting can help recognize the person was that misplaced or stole the object by taking the fingerprints left behind by the culprit around the object, the condition is that the culprit shouldn’t be wearing gloves which would lead to no fingerprints.
(ii) How do honeybees identify their own honeycombs?
Ans:- The queen bee tends to have a distinct scent or pheromones that are known to all the other bees working under it and that is how the honey bees identify their honeycomb.
(iii) Why does rain fall in drops?
Ans:- Due to the force of attraction between the molecules of water it tends to fall as water droplets and not in a stream.
Tagged with: First Flight Chapter 6 | First Flight English Class 6 NCERT Solutions | NCERT Class 10 English First Flight Chapterwise Solutions | Ncert Solution For First Flight Chapter 6 | NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight | NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Language and Literature | NCERT Solutions for Class 10 First Flight | The Making of a Scientist class 10 | The Making of a Scientist question answer | The Making of a Scientist summary