Animals class 10 question answer – Ncert Solution for Class 10 First Flight Chapter 7
Here we have provided Animals class 10 question answer solutions. These solutions will help you in understanding the chapter better & will make you with the types of questions that can be framed for your exam.
- Notice the use of the word ‘turn’ in the first line, “I think I could turn and live with animals…” What is the poet turning from?
Because he considers humanity to be difficult and dishonest, the poet is pulling away from civilization with them. He likes to live with animals who are self-sufficient and do not grumble. The poet is going away from humanity, believing that he would be able to live with animals, birds, and nature.
- Mention three things that humans do and animals don’t.
1. The poet has drawn three parallels between people and animals. Humans sweat and toil to make a living, then complain and moan about how much work they should be doing to stay alive. Animals, on the other side, are oblivious to their predicament.
2. Humans cry themselves to sleep at night, remorseful for their wrongdoings. Animals do not mourn for their actions and sleep soundly.
3. Finally, when humans consider their responsibilities to God, they make each other sick. Animals, on the other hand, have no deity, and they survive and thrive without praying or fasting.
- Do humans kneel to other humans who lived thousands of years ago? Discuss this in groups.
People do, in fact, kneel in front of other humans from centuries ago. Bending down in front of their ancestors’ photos, they adore and pray to them. In their honor, they hold religious discourses and festivities.
- What are the ‘tokens’ that the poet says he may have dropped long ago, and which the animals have kept for him? Discuss this in class. (Hint: Whitman belongs to the Romantic tradition that includes Rousseau and Wordsworth, which holds that civilization has made humans false to their own true nature. What could be the basic aspects of our nature as living beings that humans choose to ignore or deny?
The poet claims that the tokens he may have lost long ago and that the animals have retained him represent his genuine human character. Humans gradually strayed away from their original nature as they became closer to civilization. Humans’ innate impulses, as well as the simplicity for which they existed and assisted one another, have been lost someplace.
Materialism has dominated humanity through the centuries, and the aim has become more vital than the means. In a race to obtain whatever it can get its hands on, humanity appears to have lost humility, mutual respect, and satisfaction.
They opted to abandon the characteristics of compassion, honesty, unselfishness, joy, contentment, respectability and sharing as they approached civilization. They became enamoured with vices like avarice, selfishness, the need to own everything, and other inhuman traits.
Animals, on the other hand, exhibit admirable traits such as respecting one another’s areas and boundaries and being happy when their fundamental needs are met. In some ways, they appear to have adopted the virtues that humans have abandoned, and they appear to be more cultured than humans.
Animals have passed on their true reflexes and qualities, which the poet examines and attempts to recall in which he had lost his real character through negligence.
We hope the given Animals class 10 Question Answer will help you. If you have any queries regarding Animals class 10 Question Answer, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.